Thursday, 1 October 2026

Kamloops rightly deserves to be on everyone's mountain bike "to ride" list

 by Keith and Heather Nicol

On a recent trip to the Interior of BC to visit friends and family we stopped in Kamloops overnight. When I checked out Trailforks for riding areas in and around the city I was not disappointed. There are enough trails here to keep you occupied for some time but we only had a chance to check out a couple of areas over the space of 3 hours. Our first stop was Peterson Creek which had just a handful of short trails which are mostly easy but provide a good view of the city of Kamloops and Thompson River (see photo below).These are also great walking trails and are worth having a look at if some of your group likes to hike and others like to bike.  

We also had a chance to check out some of the riding and hiking at the Kenna Cartwright trail system and I really liked the open vistas and the large number of easy trails that this location offered. I only did a small portion of the trails which included a fun climb to Lava Flow Lookout trail. There are lots of green and blue trails here and they are more of a cross country nature which I like. But there are many more mountain bike areas in and near Kamloops which we hope to check out on our next visit.  See you on the trail. 



View from Lava Lookout toward the Thompson River 




No comments:

Post a Comment