Wednesday 30 January 2019

Check out Auclair’s Cross Country Ski Gloves and Mitts


By Keith and Heather Nicol
     Basically you want cross country ski gloves or mitts to fit well, keep you warm and easily fit into your ski pole straps.  Recently I have had a chance to test a variety of gloves and mitts from Auclair and am certainly impressed by their fit and warmth. Also they all seem to have a slim profile so they fit smoothly into your ski straps. I am especially taken with their cross country ski mitts which fit into my straps so easily compared with the struggles I would have with my old mitts. 

Note the slim fit of the Auclair mitt compared to the bulky size of my old mitt
   Some innovative products to check out from Auclair include their over mitts which fit over either their gloves or mitts for skiing on those really cold days. I have not tested them yet in those conditions but am sure they will provide some extra warmth. As well  their Honeycomb glove has a built in overmitt tucked into the wrist band. Granted these overmitts are not thick but since they are with the gloves already and can easily deployed they are a great innovation. I have used them and they certainly provide some extra protection especially on windy days. 
Here is the Honeycomb glove with built in overmitt seen on my left hand 
Their Lillehammer glove is the ‘standard’ glove worn by many skiers where temperatures are cooler. At the Cross Country Supercamps  held every fall at Sovereign Lake -Silver Star Resort , near Vernon , B.C. these gloves were the skier’s choice from my observations. They are warm and yet their slim fit means they can easily fit into ski straps. Another new product from Auclair are their new light racing gloves which Canadian Olympian Alex Harvey helped design. They fit very nicely and I find them great for spring skiing. So have a look at the variety of Auclair gloves and mitts out there and for more information see:  http://www.auclairgloves.com/
These light gloves had input from racer Alex Harvey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment