Tuesday 30 October 2018

Balancing on a flat ski is key to better roller skiing.


 by Keith and Heather Nicol
You can create a line by spraying a water mister
    Balancing on a flat ski is the key to solid roller skiing. One way to ensure a flat ski is to be sure to bring your feet under your body before you commit weight to each roller ski. Many new skiers have their feet wide apart when they roller ski and this doesn’t allow them to balance on each ski. One drill that I use for new roller skiers is to have them step on a line down the middle of the road or roller ski path. If there is no line you can create one by spraying water using a plant mister. Another drill to ensure good weight shift is to make sure your knee is over your toe when you glide. In this case I have used tape which helps me align my knee and toe.  For a video that shows these drills in action click on this link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCyh_hIGsBs   Thanks to my sponsors: Rossignol clothing and ski boots , Rudy Project Sunglasses, and Jenex Roller skis.
Many skiers skate with their feet wide apart


Here I am placing my roller ski on the line which brings my foot under my body
 
You can also use tape to help you align your knee and toe

No comments:

Post a Comment