Tuesday 19 June 2018

Testing the Rudy Project “Rydon” Sunglasses


By Keith and Heather Nicol
   I am always on the lookout for good quality outdoor gear that is easy to use and built to last. In the past I have had many sunglasses which broke after a few lens changes, that were too tight on the temples or slipped of my nose when I was working up a sweat.  So when I discovered that Rudy Project sunglasses were very adjustable and had a clever way of changing lenses I was more than ready to test them out.

Rudy's dark lenses come out in the sunny weather
 I have been using Rudy’s Rydon sunglasses for several months and so have had a chance to use them in the winter cross country skiing as well as biking in the summer.  My first impressions are that they do everything they say and then some. First of all, they are have many adjustments to fit every face. I find the flexible temple arms particularly useful since they can adjusted to fit under bike helmets and over ski toques. But you can also adjust the nose bridge and changing lenses couldn’t be easier. Just snap one lens out and put in another better suited to the weather.  I found this very handy when skiing at Mt Washington on Vancouver Island since you can have foggy conditions in the morning give way to blue bird skies in the afternoon. So the orange lenses would go on when we arrived and the dark lenses would be put on at lunch as the skies cleared.  You can also get a variety of other colour lenses which I am keen to try out. 
Rudy's orange lenses were ideal in foggy or cloudy conditions
 Overall after 4 months of testing I can give these glasses great marks-they are my go to glasses for just about all situations.   I will do another review in a year when I have had a chance to see how well they last. Rudy Project is an Italian Company which also sells bike helmets and goggles.  For more information on Rudy Project see: www.rudyprojectna.com  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment